Artisan Roasted Mexican Microlot Specialty Coffee
- The current top crop coming from Mexico. We are currently working with farmers in Chiapas.
- Fair Trade, Shade grown, & Organic.
- We are very excited to be involved with the distribution of this particular coffee, it is grown 100% from farms owned or managed by women in Guatemala.
- Taste the origin of your coffee. This coffee has a sweet aroma that is bright with a creamy body and is fruity with flavors of lemon, dark chocolate, and cocoa.
- We only roast-to-order, never storing roasted coffee. Your bag comes stamped with the date your coffee was roasted.
Coffees from Mexico have offer a wide-range of flavors and cup characters depending on the region and co-op. The incredible biodiversity of flora and fauna of the Chiapas region creates a very rich soil, which combined with the high altitude and temperate climate provides the perfect coffee growing conditions. Chiapas Cesmach coffee will be roasted to a medium roast to highlight its nutty, caramel aroma. It has a touch of citrus and fruity flavor, bright acidity, medium body and a sweet, warm spice finish.
The vast majority of Mexican coffee comes from the southern most region of the country. Altura (high) coffees are always mountain grown, with the Chiapas region being the most southern of them all. This coffee was grown by Campesinos Ecológicos de la Sierra Madre de Chiapas (CESMACH). All the coffee they produce is shade grown, and biological corridors are created in order to facilitate bird and animal migration.
Fair Trade Certified coffee guarantees livable wages for farmers and their families, improving their opportunities for better healthcare, housing and education. By choosing Fair Trade Certified coffees you are directly contributing to the livelihood of coffee-growing communities.
We do single origin coffee right. You may be used to choosing a flavored coffee in the grocery store, but when you choose to drink our small-batch roasted coffee you will experience the distinctive taste of where your coffee was grown. Like a fine wine, the taste of each coffee is affected by the climate and altitude of where it was grown. We take a light handed, small batch approach to roasting, striving to bring out the distinctive taste of the origin. You can trust that our artisan roasters know exactly how to roast each type of bean to bring out the best of each location.
All of our coffee is roasted to order and shipped fresh daily. We package in air-tight, foil-lined bags with one-way degassing valves to preserve freshness.