This product has no title on Amazon b55007
Fresh Roasted Papua New Guinea Kunjin Microlot
Papua New Guinea makes up 1% of global coffee production. Commercial coffee production began in Papua New Guinea in the 1920s, with seeds brought from Jamaica's Blue Mountain. Kunjin is a centralized plantation mill that purchases coffee cherries from smallholder farmers in the highlands, growing only small coffee gardens per family. Grown between 1400 and 1800 meters above sea level this great coffee is very well balanced, with a sweet cocoa aroma, very low acidity, heavy body, hints of chocolate, and a long finish. Processed at an old dry mill so there is less damage to the bean and a more even moisture level throughout the lot.
Roast: Lighter Dark (Full City). Region: Kunjin. Altitude: 1300-1900 meters. Varietal: Typical, Arusha, Bourbon, Blue Mountain. Processing Method: Washed.??
We do single origin coffee right. You may be used to choosing a flavored coffee in the grocery store, but when you choose to drink our small-batch roasted coffee you will experience the distinctive taste of where your coffee was grown. Like a fine wine, the taste of each coffee is affected by the climate and altitude of where it was grown. We take a light handed, small batch approach to roasting, striving to bring out the distinctive taste of the origin. You can trust that our artisan roasters know exactly how to roast each type of bean to bring out the best of each location.
All of our coffee is roasted to order and shipped fresh daily. We package in air-tight, foil-lined bags with one-way degassing valves to preserve freshness.
- The top crop currently available from Papua New Guinea. We are working with the small farmers in the Kunjin and Chauve regions in Papua New Guinea.
- Specialty grade classic tasting Papua, sweet cocoa aroma, very low acidity, heavy body, hints of chocolate, and a long finish.
- A rare and unique coffee with a rich history dating back to the 1920's when the first Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee seeds were planted.
- We only roast-to-order, never storing roasted coffee. Your bag comes stamped with the date your coffee was roasted.
- You may personalize a gift message to be included. Prices are not shown on the packing slip.