Guatemalan Harem Style Pants - Multicolored
Guatemalan Harem style pants. Unisex adult. Size: medium-ish. Waist: elastic and drawstring. Leg: drawstring. Elastic waist stretches from 22" to 36". Pant length: 34".Ikat, meaning 'to knot,' is an ancient weaving technique in which the threads are tie-dyed before placing them on the loom. It has been practiced in many countries for thousands of years. Guatemala is one of the few areas in the world where this intricate textile art is still being enthusiastically practiced where it is referred to as JaspÃ©.Â Fair Exchange Marketplace sells handpicked Fair Trade coffee (also available on Amazon) and items handmade by artisans from around the world. We bring their exquisitely handcrafted goods to the US while ensuring the artisans and growers are compensated fairly. The exchange of these goods is truly beneficial to for all.
- 100% Cotton
- Super comfortable and durable. Perfect for Yoga, Tai Chi, Qigong, or concerts and festivals.
- High-quality, durable, Mayan JaspÃ© construction, and fade-resistant color. Each pair is totally unique.
- Directly traded with indigenous artisans. The fabric is hand woven on backstrap looms in the highlands of Guatemala.
- Elastic waist band with nylon drawstring waist and ankles making them comfortable for a wide range of sizes and on either men or women.
- Weavers primarily make these to be sold in outside markets as a way of not only preserving the weaving tradition but also to provide a sustainable income for their families and communities.