Guatemalan Corte Style Pants with Huipil Pockets - Orange
- High-quality, durable, Mayan Jaspe construction, and fade-resistant color.
- Two, large, durable front pockets from Huipil embroidery. Great for concerts and festivals.
- Directly traded with indigenous artisans. The fabric is hand woven on backstrap looms in the highlands of Guatemala. Each pair is totally unique.
- Elastic waist band with nylon drawstring waist and ankles make these extremely comfortable for a wide range of sizes and on either men or women.
- Weavers primarily make these to be sold in outside markets as a way of not only preserving the weaving tradition but also to provide a sustainable income for their families and communities.
Guatemalan Corte style pants with embroidered pockets. Unisex adult. Size: small-ish. Waist: elastic and drawstring. Leg: drawstring. Elastic waist stretches from 20-34". Pant length: 39". Inseam: 28".
Ikat, meaning 'to knot,' is an ancient weaving technique in which the threads are tie-dyed before placing them on the loom. It has been practiced in many countries for thousands of years. Guatemala is one of the few areas in the world where this intricate textile art is still being enthusiastically practiced where it is referred to as Jaspe.